This is a GREAT replacement pan if you are doing an engine anyway or yours is rotted out!!
Ford Powerstroke 7.3L
- Heavy Duty, stamped out of 16 gauge quality steel which is thicker than O.E.M.
- Has a triple coat finishing process of a zinc phosphate which besides creating a durable finish foundation also neutralizes any corrosion started by the welding process itself. The second coat is a black 1-mil thick electrocoat and the last coat is a gloss black epoxy powdercoat. This process has been fine tuned from years of oil pan building experience and from this Moroso oil pan design being subjected to numerous salt spray testing. The O.E.M. oil pan only has a black painted surface
- Internal O.E.M. style anti-slosh baffle to keep oil contained in the oil pick up area, dipstick provision on passenger side and notch in front oil pan for clearance
- Magnetic drain plug to capture metal particles
- More cost effective than the O.E.M. piece by it’s initial price and that labor dollars will not need to be spent every couple of years on it’s replacement
- Oil pan is designed to work with your existing oil pump and pickup tube