- ~ Hydra Chip package includes the chip, digital switch, ribbon cable, USB cable, and USB thumb drive or CD containing videos and documentation
- ~ 17 TOTAL POSITIONS including built-in Module Bypass (for diagnostics or emissions testing) and No-Start
- ~ Easy to read TWO DIGIT removable display switch that mounts on any flat surface for maximum convenience
- ~ Optional dash-mounted USB cable and bracket for permanent installation
- ~ Program/reprogram the chip using the optional USB extension cable and bracket
- ~ Supports most competitors’ calibrations
- ~ Fully compatible with PATS-equipped vehicles
- ~ Update and Reprogram ONLINE using our FREE HydraFlash™ software
- ~ Choose from our extensive library of standard calibrations
- ~ Program and Verify ONE or MORE positions with one click
- ~ Program calibrations in ANY POSITION(s) — or leave ANY positions blank!
- ~ A single position takes less than 20 seconds to Program and Verify
- ~ Read the factory PCM calibration directly through the chip
- ~ Print out your own customized calibration list
- ~ Update chip online with new features as they become available
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CALIBRATIONS
1994 to 1997 and early 1999 Power Stroke and International trucks are fitted with smaller volume injectors than the late 1999 and up Super Duty trucks, and as such are limited to increases of about 65 HP for the 1994 to 1997 and 100 HP for the early 1999. Some trucks, depending on tolerances, may be able to utilize up to 80 HP and 120 HP respectively, but we cannot guarantee that the power gains will be achieved. Additionally, the use of specialty files such as Lope Idle or Smoke Show may not function correctly on 1994 to 1997 vehicles due to the restrictions in both injector volume and High Pressure Oil Pump capacity. Trucks with modified injectors are not subject to these restrictions.
1994-1997 TRUCKS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE POWER LIMITATIONS OF THE FACTORY STOCK INJECTORS. ADDITIONALLY, TRUCKS WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE PROGRAMMING CHANGES THAT ARE MADE TO SHIFTING BETWEEN TOW AND POWER CALIBRATIONS.
ALL 7.3L PSDs WILL HAVE A MINIMUM OF 15 CALIBRATIONS AVAILABLE.
DUE TO THE LIMITATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL VEHICLES, ONLY 7-10 CALIBRATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE.
GEARHEAD TUNES BELOW!! (Any special requests just ask in checkout)
Default files available for 99.5-2003 7.3’s with stock injectors for 6 position chips (custom files by request):
- Heavy Tow – Towing up to the trucks capacity but with better economy than stock
- High Idle – Aids warm-up and running accessories with heavy electrical demand or better air conditioner performance in the summer time on long periods of idling
- Tow/Economy – Gains about 40 HP over stock can usually tow up to 10,000 lbs but user should watch Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) on long hills if towing 7,000 lbs and above.
- Street Muscle – Gains 80-100 HP over stock and runs about 1300 degrees max with an exhaust and intake installed
- Street Fury – Good for extra passing power (must watch EGT) and sprints from stoplight to stoplight without belching tons of smoke
- All Out – This file definitely smokes with a stab of the throttle but power gains over tune 5 depend on the condition of your High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) and its availability to produce enough volume to the injectors
Default files available for 94-03 7.3’s with single shot injectors (custom files by request):
- Heavy Tow
- High Idle
- All Out